Create contrasting textured layers in 4 easy steps
How to use Coastal Candy
*Always start with a clean surface. Consult your paint label for proper prep and paint safety.
- Mix into your favorite paint. Ideal consistency mimics that of cake icing.* Mix Chart
- Dab your Coastal Candy mixture heavily over the entire surface, create peaks and valleys. Let Dry.
- Now you are ready to paint your contrasting color (No Candy required for this coat) Allow to completely dry.
- Now the fun, sand your surface to reveal your base coat. Sand lightly to reveal some of your base coat or heavily to reveal more. Palm sanders work best.
*A great starting ratio is 1/2 cup of Coastal Candy per 8 oz of paint.
- Create contrast by using bold contrasting colors for each layer.
- Achieve even more depth by using multiple coats of Coastal Candy.
- Practice on scrap wood to get an idea of the final look before painting a piece of furniture, or just go for it.
- When dabbing your Coastal Candy change up the size and direction of your peaks for a more authentic finish.
- After sanding clean with a damp rag to remove pigment dust.
- Finish with your favorite top coat for lasting protection.
- Age with your favorite tinted top coat, or glaze.
- Check out our other techniques for more inspiration.
Coastal Candy To the Rescue=All Natural
We know what it’s like to need support. Our philosophy is to treat you as we would like to be treated. With our Coastal Candy Facebook support group, we can all help each other create beautiful works of art, with Coastal Candy.
Video Tutorials coming soon.